Friday, October 30, 2009

Fall 2009





Well so much time has passed and no blogging. I am going to try and update as much as possible and not make any promises about the next time I get on here.

School started off with a bang, Ian is improved soooooo much since that first week. Getting things done on his own, not depending on me so much, and actually getting true good grades all by himself. The teacher kicks in so easily that I forget he needs to accomplish the task at hand. Kylee is LOVING first grade. I don't think there is anything that she doesn't like. Her reading is about a 3rd grade level and she is breezing thru math. I couldn't be prouder of either one of them. Last week was the end of the first grading period and both kids brought home straight A's. Way to go kiddo :)

As for me I have 2 full time kids and 1 part time. Maddie will be leaving me in December to get to be a big sister. The other 2 will stay until the end of the school year. Between the 3 of them and then mine coming home as soon as they leave I am tuckered out to say the least. But we are very grateful for the opportunities to love other peoples children and then send them home.

As for fun things we have done, not much. Last week was our Fall Break and we took the kids horseback riding, for the 1st time, and got pumpkins for the holidays. We really enjoyed our time off and definitely weren't ready to get back to reality. So that sums up our fall and now we are headed into the busy holiday season and I can't wait. Until next time........

2 comments:

Jenibug7 said...

Is your Christmas tree up yet? =)

amypfan said...

Hey stranger.... we're up for it any time you want to do a playdate!!