Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Valentine Treat






For the first time in our married life, we left our children and headed west. After 11 years of marriage and no honeymoon we decided it was time to pamper ourselves. After much prayer and consideration we decided to ask our parents to keep your kids if we were to go somewhere and choose a destination. After getting the okay for the kids, we finally chose Las Vegas, Nevada. I was pretty scared to be going that far from home having never left my kids before but we really wanted to spend some time with our best friends, Mike and Starla. They are only 6 hours away and said if we kept them in the planning they would meet us there for the weekend. So we did it we left the kids for 3 nights and 4 days and went away.....and had the time of our lives. We were extremely tired and it took a week to recover from all the walking but we had so much fun that we can't wait to go somewhere again. The kids were wonderful and didn't give anyone any trouble. We ate great food, saw an outstanding Cirque du soeil Mystere show, and laughed until we cried with our friends. I wouldn't trade it for anything. Just thought that I would share my thoughts. I will post pictures soon.

3 comments:

Jenibug7 said...

can't wait to see the pics!!!

Jenibug7 said...

niiiiiiiiice!

amypfan said...

I'm so glad you got to have such a good "break"!